We know that your time is valuable and that when you attend an event, you expect to come away with insightful, practical learnings and ideas that will drive real business benefits for your company. We surveyed our audience to find out the latest burning questions, hot topics, business challenges and goals across the retail industry. That's why we are confident that we’ve created a unique and comprehensive conference agenda for RFID Journal LIVE! Retail @ RetailX that will deliver real business benefits.
By attending this year's event, you will help your company to:
Achieve hard dollar savings: All attendees will leave the conference with insights about how RFID can be used to improve inventory accuracy, enhance replenishment and enable omnichannel retailing. Suppliers will learn not just how to tag items for retail customers, but how to use those tags to verify shipments and improve internal efficiencies.
Avoid costly mistakes: RFID is a relatively new technology. Determining the right technology to use and the right vendors to partner with can be a challenge. This conference will show you what worked for other retailers and suppliers. You'll hear companies like your own talking about what worked and what pitfalls to avoid. You can't get that anywhere else.
Learn best practices: Only RFID Journal is able to attract top-name end users willing to share their best practices. That means you avoid wasting time and money on a trial and error approach and begin with a deployment strategy that will work.
Invest your money wisely: There are plenty of RFID solutions that appear impressive but either don’t work or are technological dead ends. Learn which technologies represent the wisest investments over the long term for retailers and their suppliers.
Solve real business problems: RFID Journal understands that every retailer is different. Store operations are different, and supply chains are different. But some of the challenges you deal with are problems others have addressed with RFID. By hearing how others addressed these issues, you can have confidence that you can achieve the same results with RFID.
Be a leader: RFID is going to be a critical technology in retail in the years to come. Understanding adoption trends and how RFID can bring incremental as well as transformational changes to your stores and supply chain will make you a key contributor and enhance your value to your organization.
Among those who will benefit from attending RFID Journal LIVE! Retail @ RetailX are:
Store operations executives: RFID is a powerful tool to improve store operations. It's imperative that deployments be driven by operational management so the deployment improves store execution.
Merchandisers: It's critical that merchandisers understand how RFID works and how it can be used to improve merchandising and capture new types of data that can improve their strategies.
Loss prevention executives: RFID can be used in a variety of ways to identify the sources of shrinkage and to combat internal theft.
Financial executives: It's important to manage the investment in an RFID system and find cost-effective solutions, to achieve a return on investment from any deployment. Financial staff will benefit from hearing about the costs as well as the benefits of RFID technologies.
IT professionals: Information technology is a critical component of any RFID system, and this event will educate professionals in the IT department about how they can integrate RFID into existing back-end systems.
Logistics managers: RFID is all about having the item in the right place at the right time when the customer wants to buy it. Using RFID to achieve supply-chain visibility and optimize store deliveries is critical to achieving that goal.
We offer special group discounts, which makes sending several people affordable.
Here are some ways in which you can justify your participation in—and quantify your ROI from—attending RFID Journal LIVE! Retail @ RetailX.
1. Create a list of priorities for the event that will help define your purpose for attending, as well as your return on your investment. For example: "Learn how RFID can help us improve inventory accuracy and enable omnichannel retailing."
2. Create a list of close competitors who are currently deploying or rolling out RFID in stores. The See Who's Coming page of this site includes a list of retailers and suppliers that have attended RFID Journal events within the past two years. These are companies actively exploring or deploying systems.
3. Identify your most pressing organizational issues, such as high rates of shrinkage, and explain how RFID could possible address them. Explain how RFID could lower costs or deliver additional business value in other areas. Many retailers are keen, for example, to not just improve inventory accuracy but to enhance the customer's in-store shopping experience.
4. Use our template to send a formal letter to your manager, outlining the cost and huge potential benefits of attending the event.
5. Meet with your manager face to face to reinforce the ROI you expect to receive, against the list of priorities you've identified.
6. List the specific sessions relevant to the hot-button issues of top management, as well as your organization's overall goals.
7. Outline for your manager the specific on-site vendors you intend to evaluate to understand their potential to help address the priorities listed above.
8. Be sure to take notes and record the key takeaways on-site while the experience is fresh in your mind—that will make it much easier to document the ROI post-event.
9. As part of your justification for attending, offer to brief others regarding what you learn upon returning.
10. After the event, you will be able to download most or all of the presentations and watch video recordings of the presentations. Offer to share these with your boss and co-workers.
Download and customize your justification letter now.